Time Sensitive Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
alicrimson

Silver

Time Sensitive Offer

Post by alicrimson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello all,

I was given an offer today and they want to know before September 25th. I have yet to hear from my other callbacks. At the cb's I was told to contact the firms if I received a time sensitive offer, but I'm not sure what is the best way to do this without a) getting dinged for being too pushy or b) making it sound like I'll definitely accept the offer if it comes. How have you all or how would you all deal with this? I'm not too crazy about the firm that offered me, but a bird in hand...you know the rest. Thanks for all of your help.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Time Sensitive Offer

Post by thesealocust » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:17 pm

It's standard practice. Email or call recruiters and tell them you're still interest in the firm but have an offer you need to accept or decline by ____ date. It won't come across as pushy unless your interpersonal skills are shitty and it won't signify that you'll immediately accept (same caveat).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”