CB Dings Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB Dings

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 am

Just curious, I had a few callbacks in the last week and got dinged by one of them already. How long before I can assume the others are dings?

bk1

Diamond

Re: CB Dings

Post by bk1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:How long before I can assume the others are dings?
There is no point at which you can assume they are dings. As time goes on, your odds generally (but not always) will be worse, but that doesn't mean anything. If you don't have an offer, keep hustling.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just curious, I had a few callbacks in the last week and got dinged by one of them already. How long before I can assume the others are dings?
just wondering how you already heard about a ding from an interview this past week. was it via email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

Sorry, I meant last Friday. It was snail mail, but the market was close to where I live. Also, should I be worried about my other callbacks if I was dinged so soon after my initial one? It makes me think I am overlooking something that I need to change in my interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 am

I had a call back on August, 13th, and I did not get the offer until September, 6th. Good luck!!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry, I meant last Friday. It was snail mail, but the market was close to where I live. Also, should I be worried about my other callbacks if I was dinged so soon after my initial one? It makes me think I am overlooking something that I need to change in my interviews.
When you get dinged has more to do with when the hiring committee meets more than anything else. However, as I noted above if you don't have an offer you should be worried about getting an offer.

If you're truly worried about interviewing skills, schedule a mock interview with your CSO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”