1L Summer Employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LazinessPerSe

Bronze

Re: 1L Summer Employment

Post by LazinessPerSe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am

I did my 1L with a Fortune 300's in-house. Don't forget in-house. They usually don't care what year you are and pay well.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L Summer Employment

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:19 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Are you a white male? If so, no chance unless you have straight A's, then it's doable if you are reasonably decent at interviewing.

Speaking from experience.
This is wrong (and drenched in bitterness). I know plenty of white males (among plenty of other people) who managed to get 1L SAs. K-JD will only significantly hurt you if you come across as too young in interviews and you don't seem interesting. I think a lot of people with some w/e just are typically better interviews because they're a little older (and able to communicate a little better) and they have a little more life experience.
I stand corrected, I guess, though I wouldn't say it's drenched in bitterness given that the 'experience' I was supposedly speaking from was of having a 1L SA. I think part of it was that I didn't apply until I had all my grades, and at that point straight A's seemed basically necessary for white male K-JD. The economy also might have been slightly worse my year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”