Cooley (San Francisco) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cooley (San Francisco)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Anybody know if Cooley's San Francisco office has made offers/denials from the CB's yet?

Anonymous User

Re: Cooley (San Francisco)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody know if Cooley's San Francisco office has made offers/denials from the CB's yet?
I know they've made some.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Not to hijack this thread but what about the Palo Alto office, anyone hear anything yet?

Had my CB last week and felt like I clicked with all but one person (though that one person was a partner >.<). Seemed like a nice place to work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I haven't even interviewed yet... I'm up next week. :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not to hijack this thread but what about the Palo Alto office, anyone hear anything yet?

Had my CB last week and felt like I clicked with all but one person (though that one person was a partner >.<). Seemed like a nice place to work.
I just interviewed this past week. Seemed awesome. They told me it would be around a week. I felt like mine went well too... I hope I get an offer! Let's post if ee hear something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not to hijack this thread but what about the Palo Alto office, anyone hear anything yet?

I just interviewed this past week. Seemed awesome. They told me it would be around a week. I felt like mine went well too... I hope I get an offer! Let's post if ee hear something?

Bump. Hasn't been a week yet but just checking back in to report still silent.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm

While we're on the topic, no word from mid last week in NY.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Does anyone know how they ding? (email v. snail) Don't want to be defeatist, but helpful to know whether, if i don't hear within the stated week, it definitely means it's over.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Bump. Hasn't been a week yet but just checking back in to report still silent.
Still silent here too... Darn. I have gotten two offers so far - they both came within 2 days of the CB. Hope this isn't another rejection, because I would definitely accept this one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Still silent here as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:16 pm

For what it's worth, I have a contact at the firm who said they take the majority of those whom they bring back for a callback (so long as they think you're a good fit).

Of course, no guarantees (especially since I'm applying for a smaller office), but keep that in mind.

That said, my phone might go through a wall before tomorrow is through.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:29 pm

That's good to hear. I think you're right in saying that such a policy might be tougher to follow in a small office (SF) as opposed to a larger one (Palo Alto). Keeping those fingers crossed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Just got the ding email :( I'm the poster that interviewed last week for the Palo Alto office. Mildly surprised because I felt the whole interview went very well but definitely had a serious goof moment with a partner so I guess that explains it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Agh, that hurts - sorry man (or woman)! I also had a goof or 2 (in NY), so I feel for ya.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Now I can list my Email Inbox as something to be scared of opening along with my mailbox at home.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Agh, that hurts - sorry man (or woman)! I also had a goof or 2 (in NY), so I feel for ya.

Thanks I'm happy with my other options but Cooley was definitely in my top 2-3. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Same - e-mail ding for Palo Alto.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Anyone else hear back yet? For those still waiting, how long has the wait been so far? Curious as to what the historic wait has been in past years and what that might indicate about our chances.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”