Mass mailing and wooing firms in a small market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass mailing and wooing firms in a small market

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 am

I am a current 3L and I wanted to get thoughts from experienced applicants or interviewing associates/partners in small-market firms. I'm applying and talking to a whole bunch of them. And of course by doing this, I'm singing my praises about each one. In a small market firm, do you think this would be a bad idea? I'm thinking that word might get around and people will question my loyalties and think I'm just whoring myself out.

To be fair, I am looking for a job obviously; but I also do like every single firm I'm applying for. Do you think overapplying and over-wooing can end up being a bad thing in a small-market firm that doesn't have a large bar. For size, think Detroit, St. Louis, Denver, etc. for example.

Anonymous User

Re: Mass mailing and wooing firms in a small market

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm

None? Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”