Hotels and Airlines for NYC Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hotels and Airlines for NYC Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm

My understanding is that whichever firm you choose to host your callbacks will be the firm that books your flight and hotel for as many days as you're there. Could we get a thread going of which hotels NYC firms are using this year so we can choose the best ones to host? I understand there's a pretty wide variety. Some information on what airlines firms use would also be helpful for those of us who have a preference.

Diamond

Re: Hotels and Airlines for NYC Callbacks

Post by 09042014 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My understanding is that whichever firm you choose to host your callbacks will be the firm that books your flight and hotel for as many days as you're there. Could we get a thread going of which hotels NYC firms are using this year so we can choose the best ones to host? I understand there's a pretty wide variety. Some information on what airlines firms use would also be helpful for those of us who have a preference.
Firms don't have an airline. They have a travel agent who finds the cheapest flight.

The Marine Terminal at Lagaruita is TTT as fuck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Not always true - for instance, my firm has an institutional relationship with AA and our internal travel people almost always book flights on AA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Cahill uses Gild Hall.

ncct07

New

Post by ncct07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm

As to the Marine Terminal at LaGuardia (Delta Shuttle to Boston/DC, and delta ORD/LGA)....yes, it's small (6 gates) but its by far the easiest terminal at LaGuardia to fly in/out of. Short security line; luggage comes right out if you've checked a bag. I've waited as long as 45 minutes to clear security in the Central Terminal (AA, UA, SWA, Frontier). Never more than 10 minutes in the Marine Air Terminal. Also free NYTimes and Wall Street Journal after you clear security. Highly recommended.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My understanding is that whichever firm you choose to host your callbacks will be the firm that books your flight and hotel for as many days as you're there. Could we get a thread going of which hotels NYC firms are using this year so we can choose the best ones to host? I understand there's a pretty wide variety. Some information on what airlines firms use would also be helpful for those of us who have a preference.
Firms don't have an airline. They have a travel agent who finds the cheapest flight.

The Marine Terminal at Lagaruita is TTT as fuck.
Way to be totally wrong on both points.

First, firms definitely have preferred airlines that they book with. I asked to be booked with Virgin on one, and was told it was not on their preferred list, but was steered towards Delta. I don't know how much the airlines vary between firms, but if they gave you the number of a travel agent, just call and ask what airlines they use, then say you need to check some dates and callback. It's not like they are going to bother reporting anything back about you.

Second, the marine air terminal at La Guardia is the best in the city. Yes it's tiny, and there's nothing there, but it's the fastest, easiest terminal in the city. I used to fly NYC<->Boston many many times, and I could show up 30 minutes prior to a flight, get a bag checked, etc. It can also be the closest airport depending on where you are going to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”