Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Hughes Hubbard (NY) Offers/Rejections

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

have there been rejections yet? or just offers and silence ( and the person who said he/she got a sit tight call)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Any updates? Was there another round of Saturday interviews this past weekend?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates? Was there another round of Saturday interviews this past weekend?
I've got silence from a cb last saturday still

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any updates? Was there another round of Saturday interviews this past weekend?
I've got silence from a cb last saturday still
Previous poster here. Also haven't heard since 9/8 CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm

What's the good word? Anybody else still waiting?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 am

This was by far the worst of any of my callbacks. I don't understand the "great culture" this firm brags about -- I certainly didn't encounter it on my interview. The associates were nice/really awkward/nerdy and the hiring partner was a total dick.

Also got the impression that the associates were not at all happy with the work they were doing. Basically the corporate clients determine the litigation work the firms takes on, and there was very little flexibility in choosing where you assigned. I just expected a lot more.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 am

agree with above. And, they went out of their way to say that they will let everyone know within a week either with a no or maybe. I had to call 2-3 weeks later because of deadlines and they were like, oh yeah, ding.
But guys, they are #1 in the A-List!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:agree with above. And, they went out of their way to say that they will let everyone know within a week either with a no or maybe. I had to call 2-3 weeks later because of deadlines and they were like, oh yeah, ding.
But guys, they are #1 in the A-List!
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Man. You guys had a much different CB experience than I did. Also, I thought Lit was HHR's core practice -- where can I dig up info on whether they take on independent litigation or primarily support the corporate groups?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Man. You guys had a much different CB experience than I did. Also, I thought Lit was HHR's core practice -- where can I dig up info on whether they take on independent litigation or primarily support the corporate groups?
I'm not sure how you can find this out online. I got my information directly from an associate at the firm. I asked him/her if there was anything they wish they had known about the firm when they were in my position, and that's what he/she said. Basically the firm has a few big clients and the firm handles the transactional and litigation work for those clients.

I really don't understand where the "happy" reputation came from because I did not get that at all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I had an awesome experience, everyone was hilarious and fun to talk to, and people seemed happy with their work relative to every other firm I visited. They were witty and down to earth. Most people in law school do not share these qualities, so it isn't surprising that some people don't think its a good fit.

If you had such a terrible callback and you had so many other offers on the table, why were you even waiting to get a response? Sounds like ya grapes are sour.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”