Phone Tag Manners Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Phone Tag Manners

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:20 pm

I had a CB with a firm recently. I got a call from their recruiter today while in class and they left a voicemail. I called back a bit later and left a voicemail. If I don't get another call from the recruiter, should I call back at some point? If so, when?

shure57

New

Re: Phone Tag Manners

Post by shure57 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:51 pm

If you don't get a call back in a day I'd give them another call. Better to get the CB scheduled sooner rather than later. Any confusion this causes is really no big deal (like if they end up responding to your voicemail after you already schedule).

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB with a firm recently. I got a call from their recruiter today while in class and they left a voicemail. I called back a bit later and left a voicemail. If I don't get another call from the recruiter, should I call back at some point? If so, when?
Call them back early tomorrow (thinking 9-10AM). Take the initiative by calling back, and know that telephone tag is inevitably a part of the business world.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Not OP but similar Q: Is it normal for smaller firm recruiters to not respond to calls for a long period of time? Does there come a point where you should send an e-mail to schedule a CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not OP but similar Q: Is it normal for smaller firm recruiters to not respond to calls for a long period of time? Does there come a point where you should send an e-mail to schedule a CB?
I was traveling while receiving callbacks, so if i got a VM from a recruiter, called them back and got VM, I emailed them after saying that I was following up with the call and apologizing for playing phone tag. Recruiters were incredibly receptive to it, and I scheduled about 3 CBs via email while flying (thank goodness for in-flight wifi)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”