callback a week and a half ago Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

callback a week and a half ago

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 pm

I had a callback a week and a half ago, haven't heard anything. The recruiter told me it would take about a week to hear--should I email and ask for an update?

Anonymous User

Re: callback a week and a half ago

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

If the firm wants to give you an offer- they will. Reminding them that they told you a week and a half ago that you would hear in a week in a half will just annoy them. You have absolutely nothing to gain by sending them an email except possibly receiving a quicker rejection. If that's what you're honestly seeking, then I guess you can contact them.

They probably haven't contacted you because 1) it is taking longer than a week and a half to give offers or 2) they are not giving you an offer.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: callback a week and a half ago

Post by thesealocust » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 pm

+1, just wait it out. It can take a while, and re-affirming interest doesn't give the firm any info it didn't already have.

Suprise! The job candidate wants the job! Who ever could have guessed? Better give him the offer!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”