Milbank (NYC) post-CB offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thelastlaugh

New

Re: Milbank (NYC) post-CB offers?

Post by thelastlaugh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:03 pm

one week from CB to offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB interview yesterday, offer today.
Same here
Also same.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 am

Have post CB dings being going out? If so, in what form and how long after CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:42 pm

CB today with big group. Really hoping for an offer!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB today with big group. Really hoping for an offer!
Did your host tell you a timeline at all? I forgot to ask mine

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB today with big group. Really hoping for an offer!
Did your host tell you a timeline at all? I forgot to ask mine

He said something ambiguous about rolling decisions haha

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I was part of that big group that was in on Tuesday (9/4). Didn't get an offer on Wednesday like a few other people posting here. Any real reason to hold out hope?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:45 pm

What do you mean big group? I interviewed on Thursday and there were people schedule every 15 minutes and they told me that it was like that pretty much every day. I did not get a chance to talk to a recruiter much (was greeted and led to the first interviewer), so I did not ask for a timeline. Are your interviews different?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What do you mean big group? I interviewed on Thursday and there were people schedule every 15 minutes and they told me that it was like that pretty much every day. I did not get a chance to talk to a recruiter much (was greeted and led to the first interviewer), so I did not ask for a timeline. Are your interviews different?
Jeez. I was not aware it was a CB factory for such a small SA class. I interviewed on Wednesday and only saw one other person scheduled at the same time as me in the lobby. I guess students had just been staggered throughout the day, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What do you mean big group? I interviewed on Thursday and there were people schedule every 15 minutes and they told me that it was like that pretty much every day. I did not get a chance to talk to a recruiter much (was greeted and led to the first interviewer), so I did not ask for a timeline. Are your interviews different?
Yeah that was the same for us too. I just thought we were part of a big group because I commented to one of the people I interviewed with that there were a lot of people around and she made it seem like it was an unusual occurrence. Faulty assumption on my end. If they've been doing this for a couple weeks they must've cb'ed a ton of people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Jeez. I was not aware it was a CB factory for such a small SA class. I interviewed on Wednesday and only saw one other person scheduled at the same time as me in the lobby. I guess students had just been staggered throughout the day, though.
They said ~60 for next year. Who knows how many offers they have to make to get to that number, who knows how many people they have to interview to get to that many offers?

It's historically about 50-70% offers/CB at my MVP. I imagine they interview a lot of people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did your host tell you a timeline at all? I forgot to ask mine
Mine said, "a couple days, not tomorrow, but a couple days."

This was on a Tuesday and apparently a couple people who were in on the same day actually got offers the next day. So there you go, nothing useful whatsoever.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did your host tell you a timeline at all? I forgot to ask mine

This was on a Tuesday and apparently a couple people who were in on the same day actually got offers the next day. So there you go, nothing useful whatsoever.
Someone in this thread got a snail mail ding less than a week later, so I guess I'll be checking my mailbox.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 pm

did anyone get a call today?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 pm

got a CB coming up soon, any advice/unusual questions to expect?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:got a CB coming up soon, any advice/unusual questions to expect?
No surprises (at least from my interviewers). Very social conversations - I wasn't grilled on my resume so much as people just asked questions about things they were interested in. You should obviously have good questions prepared about the firm/your interviewers to convey your interest and carry the conversation when needed (even if we ran over time they made a point to see if I had more questions).

Just be prepared, be yourself, and don't overthink it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:did anyone get a call today?
Interviewed Saturday. Call today with offer

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did anyone get a call today?
Interviewed Saturday. Call today with offer
Likewise, but I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Someone in this thread got a snail mail ding less than a week later, so I guess I'll be checking my mailbox.
Blah, I guess I'll be checking my mailbox too. I thought this one went well, but guess not well enough :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:got a CB coming up soon, any advice/unusual questions to expect?
No surprises (at least from my interviewers). Very social conversations - I wasn't grilled on my resume so much as people just asked questions about things they were interested in. You should obviously have good questions prepared about the firm/your interviewers to convey your interest and carry the conversation when needed (even if we ran over time they made a point to see if I had more questions).

Just be prepared, be yourself, and don't overthink it.
+1. 3/4 of my interviews were spent discussing my interests section. I really do think at this stage that the interviewers are less interested in your grades/credentials, and more interested in how well you conduct yourself (i.e., are you the kind of person they would trust to put in front of a client?). Also, think of tailored, personalized questions to ask. I had a few "oh, SHIT" moments with a partner where I just could not think of anything else to ask (and this partner literally said, "More questions."), and had to dig down deep to fill the silence.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Anyone know what class size they are aiming for? More or less than last summer?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know what class size they are aiming for? More or less than last summer?
I was told ~60.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Isn't that about double what they had last year? That seems pretty intense; things must be going well for them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Milbank places pretty well in both PPP and RPL, so they seem to be doing well financially

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 pm

mr_toad wrote:Isn't that about double what they had last year? That seems pretty intense; things must be going well for them?
Yes, they had ~30 last year. The partner was pretty proud of the fact that they are doubling when everyone is going smaller.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”