Boies Compensation Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Boies Compensation

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

What is the median first year taking in total compensation? what about min. and max for a 1st year?

Anonymous User

Re: Boies Compensation

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 am

Can someone explain how their compensation system works?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Depends on hours worked. Bonuses are directly proportional ( I think its a fairly large %, something like 30%). Base salary is 174 I think but you can verify on nalp.

Bottom line is that its probably the top pay in the industry, but you won't have a ton of control on the bottom end and your constraint at the top is based on your capacity and willingness to work more hours.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm

I've heard it works out to roughly $100 per hour billed. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard it works out to roughly $100 per hour billed. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this?
Why does it matter? It will almost always be more than anywhere else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Depends on hours worked. Bonuses are directly proportional ( I think its a fairly large %, something like 30%). Base salary is 174 I think but you can verify on nalp.

Bottom line is that its probably the top pay in the industry, but you won't have a ton of control on the bottom end and your constraint at the top is based on your capacity and willingness to work more hours.
Could you ballpark it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Depends on hours worked. Bonuses are directly proportional ( I think its a fairly large %, something like 30%). Base salary is 174 I think but you can verify on nalp.

Could you ballpark it?
http://abovethelaw.com/2009/12/associat ... -salaries/

Anyone who has a legit shot at working at Boies should be both capable and motivated enough to do that basic research on their own.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”