Call Back Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JJW

New

Call Back

Post by JJW » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Scenario: You interview (screener) with a firm and they give you a call back but they schedule the call back on one of your OCI days. How do you handle that?

The Duck

Bronze

Re: Call Back

Post by The Duck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:34 pm

You tell them its one of your OCI days and while you like the firm you want to be able to compare it to others to make sure its a good fit. You do not, repeat do not, skip an OCI day. They offered you a callback, not an offer.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm

JJW wrote:Scenario: You interview (screener) with a firm and they give you a call back but they schedule the call back on one of your OCI days. How do you handle that?
They ask you when is good. They don't just assign you a day.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
JJW wrote:Scenario: You interview (screener) with a firm and they give you a call back but they schedule the call back on one of your OCI days. How do you handle that?
They ask you when is good. They don't just assign you a day.
+1. Generally you have nearly complete discretion in choosing when to come in, subject to the firm's availability if they're scheduling many other CBs.

JJW

New

Post by JJW » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I was concerned since callbacks are not particularly free flowing ITE.

At least I won’t consider myself crazzzzy by opting for a callback day outside my OCI commitments. Thx again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”