Talking about other callbacks? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Talking about other callbacks?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 pm

When I'm at a callback, and a partner/associate interviewing me asks about where I am in the interview process, etc., should I be talking about other screeners/general OCI, should I name other firms I have CB's with, or what?

ben4847

Silver

Re: Talking about other callbacks?

Post by ben4847 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I'm at a callback, and a partner/associate interviewing me asks about where I am in the interview process, etc., should I be talking about other screeners/general OCI, should I name other firms I have CB's with, or what?
"I'm currently on a callback talking to an interviewer who has run out of questions."

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: Talking about other callbacks?

Post by thesealocust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 pm

It's not something you should aim to bring up on your own, but it's fine to discuss if they ask, especially if it's strategic.

Ex: If you're interviewing for corporate in NYC with V10ish firms, and they ask about who else you're interviewing with / where else you're considering, mentioning that you're seriously considering offers from (other V10 firms) could provide very fruitful discussion topics.

I had partners from one firm give me good info about other firms, especially ones they do a lot of business with (there are two big firms on every big deal and most litigation...).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”