Callback-Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback-Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:57 am

Hi just curious to know if anyone has information about CB-Offer turnarounds?
Also do the firms ever extend an offer during the weekend?

Anonymous User

Re: Callback-Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi just curious to know if anyone has information about CB-Offer turnarounds?
Take this with a grain of salt, because I was a bit off of the normal schedule (call backs happened without screening interviews and pre-OCI). But both offers came in via phone call the day after the interview. At this stage, I've heard of others that also heard the next day. When I was trolling through older posts (from 2011 and 2010) the night after one interview trying to answer this same question, general wisdom was that some firms extend offers after a day or two, while others may wait a week. Also, if you are in Chicago or DC or SF/LA, turn around is supposedly slower than in New York.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi just curious to know if anyone has information about CB-Offer turnarounds?
Wide variation depending on firm and market. Without poasting the firm, no one can help you.

Also I recommend you stop worrying about shit you can't really control and apply for more jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 am

somewhat related.

Has anyone ho did CBs with the big NY firms within the last week or two heard back? What was the turnaround? Think skadden Weil cleary etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:somewhat related.

Has anyone ho did CBs with the big NY firms within the last week or two heard back? What was the turnaround? Think skadden Weil cleary etc.
yeah, the next day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 am

Anyone got an offer from Cadwalader nyc?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote: Also do the firms ever extend an offer during the weekend?
+1

curious to know this, anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 am

Edit: Delete

The Duck

Bronze

Post by The Duck » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Also do the firms ever extend an offer during the weekend?
+1

curious to know this, anyone?
Yes. And some do it by snail mail (although most do it by phone/email).
Last edited by The Duck on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 am

Next day or next business day?

The Duck

Bronze

Post by The Duck » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Next day or next business day?
You wish. My longest callback to offer timeline was nearly a month. Most were around a week. Callbacks themselves come in quick because the team on the ground makes the decision. With actual offers, every lawyer you met with must write a review and the hiring committee needs to meet...and these are all busy people. They also have to keep an eye on the expected yield rate so they make offers on a rolling basis.

It's not at all improper to ask the recruiting coordinator for an expected timeline while on a callback. Most firms told me the exact day they'd be meeting next.

Edit: Just realized this wasn't in response to my post. The factors above, though, are why this varies from person to person. The hiring committee meets every so many days. One person may interview the morning of them meeting and hear next day. Another person may interview the day following and hear nothing for a week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

The Duck wrote:
You wish. My longest callback to offer timeline was nearly a month. Most were around a week. Callbacks themselves come in quick because the team on the ground makes the decision. With actual offers, every lawyer you met with must write a review and the hiring committee needs to meet...and these are all busy people. They also have to keep an eye on the expected yield rate so they make offers on a rolling basis.

It's not at all improper to ask the recruiting coordinator for an expected timeline while on a callback. Most firms told me the exact day they'd be meeting next.

Edit: Just realized this wasn't in response to my post. The factors above, though, are why this varies from person to person. The hiring committee meets every so many days. One person may interview the morning of them meeting and hear next day. Another person may interview the day following and hear nothing for a week.
So if you know the hiring committee has met since the CB and haven't heard anything, and others have heard who did a CB later, is that a reject?

The Duck

Bronze

Post by The Duck » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The Duck wrote:

So if you know the hiring committee has met since the CB and haven't heard anything, and others have heard who did a CB later, is that a reject?
Or a hold. Firms keep some people and circle back around depending on how many of their offers have been accepted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:44 am

Anyone get offers on a Friday? I keep hoping the phone will ring but feel like it may be less likely to get one so close to the weekend, or at the very least that they would come early morning. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get offers on a Friday? I keep hoping the phone will ring but feel like it may be less likely to get one so close to the weekend, or at the very least that they would come early morning. Thoughts?
I've gotten two offers on a Friday. One afternoon, one almost at six.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”