Scheduling Call-backs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ShitLawOrBust

Bronze

Scheduling Call-backs

Post by ShitLawOrBust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 am

Probably a stupid question but here goes...
Just schedule them as early as possible, and say fuck any school activities? When the firm asks what your availability is after a certain date, does that mean only with respect to other interviewss?

aces

Bronze

Re: Scheduling Call-backs

Post by aces » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:32 am

There are some school activities that you can miss (most classes, -LSA meetings, etc.) and some that you cannot (journal orientation, moot court tryouts, etc). You should definitely miss class to schedule callbacks if you have to, but for things that you actually have to present for, I wouldn't risk it (unless it was your only callback and they had no other slots available or something).

ShitLawOrBust

Bronze

Post by ShitLawOrBust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 am

aces wrote:There are some school activities that you can miss (most classes, -LSA meetings, etc.) and some that you cannot (journal orientation, moot court tryouts, etc). You should definitely miss class to schedule callbacks if you have to, but for things that you actually have to present for, I wouldn't risk it (unless it was your only callback and they had no other slots available or something).
OK thats what i figured - thanks

crazyblink653

Bronze

Post by crazyblink653 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

aces wrote:There are some school activities that you can miss (most classes, -LSA meetings, etc.) and some that you cannot (journal orientation, moot court tryouts, etc). You should definitely miss class to schedule callbacks if you have to, but for things that you actually have to present for, I wouldn't risk it (unless it was your only callback and they had no other slots available or something).
this isn't entirely true. check with your journal but most ed boards understand how important early CBs are and if the earliest time the firm can take you is during an orientation event the journal will probably be understanding.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Nothing is unmissable. Getting a job is the most important thing. Your journal isnt going to kick you out for missing their mandatory bullshit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Disregard everything, acquire job.

Delaying by a day or two for sanity / other obligations won't be fatal, but don't prioritize class or orientation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

I know i am undecided and you are not required to choose for the summer for this firm but when scheduling a cb they asked for preference and I said litigation. Was that stupid? (meaning knowing that i might want to try out corporate side too should i have said no preference)
Would this hurt my chance?
If so would it look stupid to call back and change preference?
Thanks

RPK34

Silver

Post by RPK34 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Am I a shitty person for scheduling callbacks in other cities several days apart from each other? I'm bidding on NYC and another market which I'm more interested in.

However, I'm going to find out whether I got NYC callbacks much earlier than the secondary market that I really want. So I can schedule the NYC callbacks several days apart to save days to interview in the secondary market that I actually want?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know i am undecided and you are not required to choose for the summer for this firm but when scheduling a cb they asked for preference and I said litigation. Was that stupid? (meaning knowing that i might want to try out corporate side too should i have said no preference)
Would this hurt my chance?
If so would it look stupid to call back and change preference?
Thanks
It's no big deal; they'll probably just give you mostly interviewers who are in litigation. If you get an offer, they're not going to prevent you from trying out corporate/transactional over your summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”