CB time window? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB time window?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 am

If your school holds an OCI and people start hearing back from the firm but you don't, how long do you think the window of time is to get a CB? NYC firms.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: CB time window?

Post by LawIdiot86 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:If your school holds an OCI and people start hearing back from the firm but you don't, how long do you think the window of time is to get a CB? NYC firms.
One to one and a half days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If your school holds an OCI and people start hearing back from the firm but you don't, how long do you think the window of time is to get a CB? NYC firms.
Guess 0 callbacks it is for me...

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Out of how many screeners. It may be time to reevaluate how you come across in interviews.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Out of how many screeners. It may be time to reevaluate how you come across in interviews.
Statistically like 25% of CBs are supposed to result in Callbacks, yeah? I'm guessing that lottery is lower, selected is higher and those with LR/top grades get a much higher percentage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
20, my grades aren't the problem (top quarter at a t14), but obviously even though I've practiced interviewing to death, and non have been disastrous, I am a failure in life.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Hannibal wrote:Statistically like 25% of [screener]s are supposed to result in Callbacks, yeah? I'm guessing that lottery is lower, selected is higher and those with LR/top grades get a much higher percentage.
Where did you get these stats...?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Statistically like 25% of [screener]s are supposed to result in Callbacks, yeah? I'm guessing that lottery is lower, selected is higher and those with LR/top grades get a much higher percentage.
Where did you get these stats...?
It was in an Above the Law article I believe. It said 25% get callbacks and 50-75% of CBs get offers. Might be totally wrong.

Perseus_I

Bronze

Post by Perseus_I » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Did you over bid? Though it's hard to see that being an issue top 25% at a T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote: 20, my grades aren't the problem (top quarter at a t14), but obviously even though I've practiced interviewing to death, and non have been disastrous, I am a failure in life.
Hope you've already been mailing. If not, start now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Perseus_I wrote:Did you over bid? Though it's hard to see that being an issue top 25% at a T14.
No, didn't underbid, or overbid. No firms GPA AVG was .04 higher than my GPA, and most were below.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: 20, my grades aren't the problem (top quarter at a t14), but obviously even though I've practiced interviewing to death, and non have been disastrous, I am a failure in life.
Hope you've already been mailing. If not, start now.
Yeah, I have but so far nothing...

Dropped off resume at hospitality suites also nothing...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Based on past Penn OCI data, some firms have callback rates as low as 5%, some as high as 25-30%. Not surprisingly the firms with the lower callback rates have much higher callback to offer rates.

Check your bids to see if they happened to all have low callback rates and small summer classes or something. But don't count yourself out until you get dinged. People may turn down callbacks and they may call more people.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

El_Sol

New

Post by El_Sol » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

20, my grades aren't the problem (top quarter at a t14), but obviously even though I've practiced interviewing to death, and non have been disastrous, I am a failure in life.

*Mass mail secondary markets you have ties to. With those grades you will get many callbacks without a screener.

Perseus_I

Bronze

Post by Perseus_I » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:35 am

El_Sol wrote:20, my grades aren't the problem (top quarter at a t14), but obviously even though I've practiced interviewing to death, and non have been disastrous, I am a failure in life.

*Mass mail secondary markets you have ties to. With those grades you will get many callbacks without a screener.
Damn, Penn students are so lucky.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”