Lawsuit Financing Firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Broseidon

Gold

Lawsuit Financing Firms

Post by Broseidon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 am

I've been doing a bit of research on legal funding/litigation financing firms and was wondering if anybody had any insight into this business (do they hire law school graduates, is this a viable field within the profession, is this a possible exit option from private practice, do you need a finance/business background, etc).

TYIA

Anonymous User

Re: Lawsuit Financing Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:16 pm

I know several attorneys that do this, and they all do it on the side. They were all long-time plaintiff attorneys, so they understand when a case has value and when attorneys are short on cash during the litigation. I’ve never heard of a big company doing this, although it would probably be a good business. Since this is such a niche thing, you might want to just google some companies that do this and cold call them. I highly doubt TLS will have much better advice.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”