Multiple CBs on Same Day? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Multiple CBs on Same Day?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 am

How doable is this? Is it best to only do 1 per day?

Was told to expect 3 hrs at each and have scheduled accordingly, but having never done multiple cb's in one day I'd love someone with experience to give me some advice here.

Also, is it bad taste to reschedule a CB? I got called at like 730 a.m. this morning to schedule and was only half-awake.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Multiple CBs on Same Day?

Post by rad lulz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

I'd reschedule just in case the first one runs late.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am

Currently at 10 and 230. I tried to leave room for a delay. Is that insufficient?

Also, is there any benefits to an AM vs. PM interview schedule? Or vice versa?

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 am

fingersxd wrote:Currently at 10 and 230. I tried to leave room for a delay. Is that insufficient?

Also, is there any benefits to an AM vs. PM interview schedule? Or vice versa?
Honestly leaving CB #1 to get to the other one at 2:30 unless its in the same building or whatever. I'd reschedule.

No benefit one over the other.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 am

I did several days of multiple CB's. It's doable as long as the locations are fairly close. Generally firms keep things on schedule, so there's not too much risk of running over, unless the first is scheduled to end with a lunch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 am

I have done this twice, and the days are exhausting. I still received offers from the firms, so it is doable.

The difficulty is being interesting and interested for six or so straight hours in an interview setting, not to mention the logistics of getting to the next firm's office on time and possibly skipping a callback lunch. For me, I preferred to know cold the firm's culture, numbers, practice groups so that I could answer the "Why this firm" question and craft my answers to other questions accordingly. I also liked to know my interviewers' personal and professional history in case the interview-ball dropped and I needed to ask directed questions. That takes time and preparation, which gets cut or confused when you have two call backs on the same day.

Personally, I would call the lesser-desired firm's recruiting office back, and ask politely/professionally whether there are other CB slots available that work for you. If not, you'll manage.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:51 am

Just reschedule bro. It's unlikely to be a big deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”