Pre-Select Result Inquiry Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
882camden

New

Pre-Select Result Inquiry

Post by 882camden » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:29 am

I am a transfer student from lower T2 to T1 (mid-20s). just got my oci pre-select result... i don't know whether i did okay or not.

out of 25 bids.. got three pre-selects (all V100) and two alternates. is this doing okay? or should I be crying in my sleep because i will fail in life if i don't get a call-back from those firms.

all this oci and pre-select are so new to me and i m confused.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Pre-Select Result Inquiry

Post by rad lulz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 am

You go to a t20 w 100% preselect. So GW. You're lucky you got 3. But you don't seem to have done any applying out of OCI, so get on that ASAP

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am

also, it was unlikely you'd have gotten more screeners at your old school through oci, so it's not like you got extra burned. but yeah, mass mail. pronto.

882camden

New

Post by 882camden » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:26 am

Thank you! My new school actually is 70% pre-select and 30% lottery - the latter is still a possibility. I also got two more off campus interviews. but I really need to get in the mass mailing business soon.

THank you for your reply!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 am

882camden wrote:I am a transfer student from lower T2 to T1 (mid-20s). just got my oci pre-select result... i don't know whether i did okay or not.

out of 25 bids.. got three pre-selects (all V100) and two alternates. is this doing okay? or should I be crying in my sleep because i will fail in life if i don't get a call-back from those firms.

all this oci and pre-select are so new to me and i m confused.
OCI and pre-selects should not be new to anyone already in law school. This is shit you should have learned about before law school, so you knew what you were getting into.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

882camden

New

Post by 882camden » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:33 am

yes. i should've. but i cannot help feel confused. my lack of preparation has killed me.

i apologize for the frivolous post.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 am

What good does crying or wringing your hands do? Get hustling.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am

Without knowing your class rank, it's impossible to tell - people with better grades get more preselects.

Having said that, 3 OCI interviews is dangerously few no matter what your credentials. You should prepare for them and hope for the best, but at this point you should assume that you will not get a job out of OCI.

There's still plenty of time and hope - start researching firms, markets, practice areas, etc. and send out dozens if not hundreds of applications via snail / e-mail. Many of your peers won't be as proactive, and will fail to get jobs they were otherwise qualified for as a consequence.

tl;dr -- and as others have said -- it's time to hustle.

Because if you don't hustle, then you'll have to network. And nobody knows what networking is, so you don't want to wind up on the other end of a desk in the career services office getting told that it's too bad nothing came from the fall job hunt, and that you should network.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:28 pm

what market? i'm assuming you're from rutgers-camden, so are you applying to NJ firms?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

882camden

New

Post by 882camden » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

nope. i applied ny and boston. the pre-selects were all in boston and ny too. no nj and pa for me. never again.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:08 pm

882camden wrote:nope. i applied ny and boston. the pre-selects were all in boston and ny too. no nj and pa for me. never again.
So you would rather not have a job than have a job in NJ/PA?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”