NYC Advice Requested Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC Advice Requested

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi,

I am a T2/T3 rising 2L at a school not in New York, but close. I finished top 1%, law review, and I am on a full ride. This is all in my resume.

I am mass mailing all of the firms, but I work a lot, so I am hoping to write the most compelling cover letters etc. to firms in NYC I have a shot with.

Do any of you know firms I should look to mass mail that might be receptive to a borderline T2/T3 student in the top percentile?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it..

WannabeBlueDevil

New

Re: NYC Advice Requested

Post by WannabeBlueDevil » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

idk, maybe try Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider, LLP?

RPK34

Silver

Post by RPK34 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Why not pretty much all of them? There's no reason not to massmail almost every firm in NYC that has an SA program.

ryanmot

New

Post by ryanmot » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi,

I am a T2/T3 rising 2L at a school not in New York, but close. I finished top 1%, law review, and I am on a full ride. This is all in my resume.

I am mass mailing all of the firms, but I work a lot, so I am hoping to write the most compelling cover letters etc. to firms in NYC I have a shot with.

Do any of you know firms I should look to mass mail that might be receptive to a borderline T2/T3 student in the top percentile?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it..
Mail and put effort into them all. Your rank will stand out and you never know whose eye you'll catch. But just go on NLAP and make sure you apply to the firms with the largest class sizes.
WannabeBlueDevil wrote:idk, maybe try Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider, LLP?
You're a joke.

WannabeBlueDevil

New

Post by WannabeBlueDevil » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

ryanmot wrote:
WannabeBlueDevil wrote:idk, maybe try Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider, LLP?
You're a joke.
aw - a tough guy with generic advice.

op - get in touch with your undergrad career development office, get a list of all the JDs and see if they are in any strong firms etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”