Back to Back Callbacks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Back to Back Callbacks

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:07 pm

I have 2 callback offers (half day + Lunch affairs) and the 2nd firm wants to schedule their interview the day after my original commitment.

How draining are these things? Do I need to push back and ask for another day?

5ky

Diamond

Re: Back to Back Callbacks

Post by 5ky » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have 2 callback offers (half day + Lunch affairs) and the 2nd firm wants to schedule their interview the day after my original commitment.

It sucks, but is doable.

edit: wait, do you mean back to back days? If so, that is weak, breh.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 am

Back to back days is easy shit if they are 4-5 hr affairs. Though I've had one all day CBs that included a getting wasted component and I woke up the next morning miserable, so obviously don't do that if you have a CB the next day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 am

rad lulz wrote:Back to back days is easy shit if they are 4-5 hr affairs. Though I've had one all day CBs that included a getting wasted component and I woke up the next morning miserable, so obviously don't do that if you have a CB the next day.
All day CB? Any chance you could out the firm? Only one I know of so far is Cravath.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Back to back days is easy shit if they are 4-5 hr affairs. Though I've had one all day CBs that included a getting wasted component and I woke up the next morning miserable, so obviously don't do that if you have a CB the next day.
All day CB? Any chance you could out the firm? Only one I know of so far is Cravath.
Don't want to say bc I accepted there. Also, callbacks I've had down South tend to run longer. Had an epic 7 hr one once, when they told me it would be 5.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolwat

Silver

Post by lolwat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 am

5ky wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have 2 callback offers (half day + Lunch affairs) and the 2nd firm wants to schedule their interview the day after my original commitment.

edit: wait, do you mean back to back days? If so, that is weak, breh.
Agree with this edit. Yeah, you'll be kind of drained after a callback, but you have the entire afternoon and night to re-charge.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

No big deal. Even two in a day is a pain in the ass but doable. Back to back days is like nothing. Especially if you're traveling for them; then you don't have any distractions and can just go to your hotel, relax, study up for the next day.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 am

Back-to-back days is perfectly fine. I actually l liked scheduling this way because of the travel.

I actually did back-to-back CB's at least once last year (one morning, one afternoon), but they didn't include the lunch part.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 am

dixiecupdrinking wrote:No big deal. Even two in a day is a pain in the ass but doable. Back to back days is like nothing. Especially if you're traveling for them; then you don't have any distractions and can just go to your hotel, relax, study up for the next day.
This.

One week last year I did 8 callbacks over a 5 day period. That felt like a lot, but it was fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am

Last year, I wound up doing two-a-days pretty much every day for a week and a half. I worried that if I didn't hurry up and do my callbacks ASAP, the firms would interview and offer someone else before I could get in the door.

At least all the interviews were in the same region. But goddamn if that wasn't the most mentally exhausting 2 weeks of my life.

One a day is probably smarter, since you won't be a perfect mess the whole time. And as said already, it's totally manageable.

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Last year, I wound up doing two-a-days pretty much every day for a week and a half. I worried that if I didn't hurry up and do my callbacks ASAP, the firms would interview and offer someone else before I could get in the door.

At least all the interviews were in the same region. But goddamn if that wasn't the most mentally exhausting 2 weeks of my life.

One a day is probably smarter, since you won't be a perfect mess the whole time. And as said already, it's totally manageable.
This but also beware of the travel. I had a 9a-3p callback last year then caught a 5p flight, had to connect, and didn't get in until 1130p. the only problem I had was not much time to review stuff for the second callback. So if you're doing back-to-back, prepare for both beforehand and try to relax in between them. Travel is stressful enough.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 am

Two hours of scheduled interviews (at one firm) based on mass mailing. Treat as screener or callback? Or in this case irrelevant and just prepare as though it's a callback? Probably answered my own question... I ask because I have that in the morning and then another one of indefinite length at a neighboring firm in the afternoon. Should probably just go gonzo for both without knowing more, right?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 am

mr_toad wrote:Two hours of scheduled interviews (at one firm) based on mass mailing. Treat as screener or callback? Or in this case irrelevant and just prepare as though it's a callback? Probably answered my own question... I ask because I have that in the morning and then another one of indefinite length at a neighboring firm in the afternoon. Should probably just go gonzo for both without knowing more, right?
If it's two hours and multiple attorneys, treat as CB. Screeners are usually only one interviewer and 20-30 minutes.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 am

mr_toad wrote:Two hours of scheduled interviews (at one firm) based on mass mailing. Treat as screener or callback? Or in this case irrelevant and just prepare as though it's a callback? Probably answered my own question... I ask because I have that in the morning and then another one of indefinite length at a neighboring firm in the afternoon. Should probably just go gonzo for both without knowing more, right?
lol @ treat as CB. You prepare for CBs and screeners the same way. Cmon bro.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”