2nd Clerkship - When should I apply/mail firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2nd Clerkship - When should I apply/mail firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 am

I am completing a district court clerkship in a major market and starting a district court clerkship in a much smaller market. The smaller market is where I want to practice. My tie to the smaller market is that I went to law school there and it is much closer to family (but still several hours away). I'm not a T14 graduate but went to a tier 1 school and graduated magna with law review.

I plan to target firms in both markets, starting with the smaller market. When should I start applying? All of the clerks at my last clerkship had positions early on, so I didn't get much advice there. I had the 2nd clerkship lined up before starting the first so I haven't applied to firms since 3L.

I have seen people post that clerks should apply anywhere between August and December. Any advice is appreciated.

lolwat

Silver

Re: 2nd Clerkship - When should I apply/mail firms?

Post by lolwat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 am

1. ask judge on policy regarding interviewing with firms
2. another thread has someone just send out applications in november; if firm isn't hiring yet, they'll likely tell you. most firms I talked to said winter/spring of clerkship year.

Anonymous User

Re: 2nd Clerkship - When should I apply/mail firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Bump

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”