When are callbacks conducted? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
frankc

New

When are callbacks conducted?

Post by frankc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm wondering how soon after first-round interviews firms tend to begin callbacks, and how quickly I need to be available for them. First-round interviews at my school (NYU, if it matters) take place August 15-17. I really want to take a vacation August 18-27, but I'm willing to give it up if I really need to be in the city during this time. Would it be a bad idea not be available for callbacks during the ten days or so after OCI? Are firms relatively flexible with callback timing or is it an "as soon as possible" kind of thing? Any insight here would be helpful.

ChiefPresidentTaft

New

Re: When are callbacks conducted?

Post by ChiefPresidentTaft » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Dude, get those callbacks in ASAP. Firms will say they are flexible, but the earlier you can schedule callbacks the better. Bad idea? Yes.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:38 pm

ChiefPresidentTaft wrote:Dude, get those callbacks in ASAP. Firms will say they are flexible, but the earlier you can schedule callbacks the better. Bad idea? Yes.
Credited. NYC hiring happens fast as fuck. If you get callbacks, they will likely be at that time, and the early bird get the worm. Taking that vacation would be monumentally stupid.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 pm

frankc wrote:I'm wondering how soon after first-round interviews firms tend to begin callbacks, and how quickly I need to be available for them. First-round interviews at my school (NYU, if it matters) take place August 15-17. I really want to take a vacation August 18-27, but I'm willing to give it up if I really need to be in the city during this time. Would it be a bad idea not be available for callbacks during the ten days or so after OCI? Are firms relatively flexible with callback timing or is it an "as soon as possible" kind of thing? Any insight here would be helpful.
The length and timing of that vacation are not good together. Either move your vacation, or go on a shorter one (4-5 days).

Also, aren't there more sessions in late August that you would potentially be missing?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 pm

frankc wrote:I'm wondering how soon after first-round interviews firms tend to begin callbacks, and how quickly I need to be available for them. First-round interviews at my school (NYU, if it matters) take place August 15-17. I really want to take a vacation August 18-27, but I'm willing to give it up if I really need to be in the city during this time. Would it be a bad idea not be available for callbacks during the ten days or so after OCI? Are firms relatively flexible with callback timing or is it an "as soon as possible" kind of thing? Any insight here would be helpful.
Schedule your callback ASAP, particularly because tons of firms hire on a rolling basis.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Schedule your callback ASAP, particularly because tons of firms hire on a rolling basis.
rad lulz wrote:Taking that vacation would be monumentally stupid.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 am

I knew people that received and went on callbacks - then received offers - before our screening interview process was completed.

Some firms will move slow as balls, and some people won't get their first offer until like October. But the alacrity at which the process can sometimes move is staggering.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am

thesealocust wrote:I knew people that received and went on callbacks - then received offers - before our screening interview process was completed.

Some firms will move slow as balls, and some people won't get their first offer until like October. But the alacrity at which the process can sometimes move is staggering.
How did they manage to go on a callback during the screening phase?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:29 am

Some schools have a weekend for OCI, others it can stretch over the better part of two weeks. They did callbacks from week one of screening interviews during the second week of screening interviews, either on days where they didn't have screeners or by canceling screeners.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 am

thesealocust wrote:Some schools have a weekend for OCI, others it can stretch over the better part of two weeks. They did callbacks from week one of screening interviews during the second week of screening interviews, either on days where they didn't have screeners or by canceling screeners.
I went on CBs when I didn't have screeners during week 2 of LOLCI.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”