Shell Oil Company and Similar Internships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Perseus_I

Bronze

Shell Oil Company and Similar Internships

Post by Perseus_I » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:52 pm

At UT's OCI, we have a couple of oil companies coming to our OCI. Are these worth doing as a 2L? I want to do in-house anyway, but I'd be concerned that these internships do not lead to a permanent job. Does anything have experience with these or similar corporate internships as a 2L?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Shell Oil Company and Similar Internships

Post by kalvano » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm at one right now. It's pretty cool. It sucks that it won't lead to a permanent job offer, but if it's a choice between doing it or nothing, definitely take it. It's very different from a firm, and it's cool to see.

de5igual

Silver

Re: Shell Oil Company and Similar Internships

Post by de5igual » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Perseus_I wrote:At UT's OCI, we have a couple of oil companies coming to our OCI. Are these worth doing as a 2L? I want to do in-house anyway, but I'd be concerned that these internships do not lead to a permanent job. Does anything have experience with these or similar corporate internships as a 2L?
I know XOM does something similar, and their program does lead to a full-time position (but I hear they no-offer a decent amount of people though, so that's something to consider)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”