Cornell's LA Job Fair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ikki

Bronze

Cornell's LA Job Fair

Post by Ikki » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:57 am

Putting down around $500 to fly out to LA for three interviews doesn't sound very enticing. Anyone have any previous experience with the LA job fair?

FlanAl

Silver

Re: Cornell's LA Job Fair

Post by FlanAl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 am

you probably already had this figured out, but I'd suggest mass mailing like crazy and trying to set up interviews on your own for the same time period that you are there to interview. Also there was an email earlier about touring latham's LA office, I'd email the girl who sent that out and see what she has to say.

Also, whats up man!

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 am

FlanAl wrote:you probably already had this figured out, but I'd suggest mass mailing like crazy and trying to set up interviews on your own for the same time period that you are there to interview. Also there was an email earlier about touring latham's LA office, I'd email the girl who sent that out and see what she has to say.

Also, whats up man!
you got me thinking about this after talking to you. Bryan Cave is already going to go to the AJF on August 8, that leaves only Bingham McCutchen and Katten Muchin. And yeah, I've been trying to set-up interviews with local firms.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 am

yeah you had me thinking about it, and then I looked at it. That flights not worth interviewing with 2 firms for me. You never know though, the less people that show up the better the interviews will probably go.

shotsfired12

Bronze

cvxzczxcasc

Post by shotsfired12 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm

They play baseball in puerto rico.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm

SHANbangs wrote:Im assuming this will be even less fruitful if one has no ties to Cali?
Probably, no idea though. I might be wasting close to $600 on a plane ticket but at this point I need all the help I can get.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”