A few questions for mass mailing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

A few questions for mass mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm getting my materials together for mass mailing and I'm looking for a little advice. I'm a rising 3L with median grades at a top 30 school with no firm experience. I understand that it's going to be a tough application process given my circumstances, so I want to make sure that my apps aren't thrown out because I rolled the dice with my resume/cover letter.

I'm particularly interested in bankruptcy. Do you all have opinions on stating my interest in bankruptcy in my cover letter? On that note, if I'm going to focus on one particular field, would it be best to go all in and put a 'bankruptcy experience' section in my resume? Finally, if the bankruptcy experience section seems appropriate, is listing bankruptcy-related courses corny and unnecessary?

Edit: I ask these questions because I'd obviously rather have a non-bankruptcy job than no job, and I don't want to lose out on employers who don't have the need for a bankruptcy-focused associate.

Return to “Legal Employment”