Chicago Market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chicago Market

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

I've read on here that Chicago firms emphasize ties more than NYC/DC firms, and that going to Northwestern/UChi isn't always sufficient to establish the required ties. That seems like a pretty intense focus on ties.

I'm from Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Indiana (the states not the schools) but have never lived in Chicago, and I don't go to UChi or NU--should I not bid Chicago or do I have good enough ties?

homestyle28

Gold

Re: Chicago Market

Post by homestyle28 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've read on here that Chicago firms emphasize ties more than NYC/DC firms, and that going to Northwestern/UChi isn't always sufficient to establish the required ties. That seems like a pretty intense focus on ties.

I'm from Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Indiana (the states not the schools) but have never lived in Chicago, and I don't go to UChi or NU--should I not bid Chicago or do I have good enough ties?
It all depends on what school you're from, the answer will vary depending on how well your school normally does in the Chicago Market.. Some Chicago firms care more than others about ties, but you're a midwesterner who at least can say that You've always wanted to live to Chicago and it's closer to home than NY/DC/LA.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”