TTT Transfer OCI with URM Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT Transfer OCI with URM

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm in the Top 12% of a TTT school, transferred into GWU for the fall. I'm having a VERY difficult time with my OCI list, because A) The stigma of TTT is so hard to shake and B) I don't know what my GPA at my old school means for the cut-off's at GW!! I'm bidding EXTREMELY conservatively to be sure I will at least get a nibble or two.

The only thing I feel is helping me slightly is that I'm a double URM - Hispanic and LGBT. I'm hoping that being Hispanic can help right on the resume, since they can readily tell that, and the the LGBT part will come across during the interview (I might just wear hoop earnings to make sure it does... :lol: )

I'm also devoid of any substantial WE (I've been interning at an Immigration Public Interest firm since January, but that's about it), because I'm very young. As in I'll be 20 during OCI interviews (here's to hoping I actually get an interview!)

So, I guess what I'm asking is this - how screwed, or well poised, am I for OCI? Does URM Status help at all, or does the TTT, top 12% screw me beyond that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Anonymous User

Re: TTT Transfer OCI with URM

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I feel like a pariah no one even wants to talk to :cry:

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”