Pure Preselect Job Fairs and bidding at Pure lottery OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AllTheLawz

Bronze

Pure Preselect Job Fairs and bidding at Pure lottery OCI

Post by AllTheLawz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Im at a HYS (which all do pure lottery for OCI) but looking to participate in a minority job fair in my first choice market that operates purely on preselects. Im hoping to get a few extra screeners and I want to avoid NYC so I really need to maximize bids given the relatively small class sizes in every other market. Question is... if a firm doesn't pre-select me is that an indication that I shouldn't bother bidding at OCI. The situation is complicated by the fact that just about every single firm at the fair does OCI at my school really soon after the job fair so they could feasibly have that as a rationale for not preselecting me at the fair.

Anyone have any experience with this situation?

jess

Re: Pure Preselect Job Fairs and bidding at Pure lottery OCI

Post by jess » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

de5igual

Silver

Re: Pure Preselect Job Fairs and bidding at Pure lottery OCI

Post by de5igual » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

AllTheLawz wrote:Im at a HYS (which all do pure lottery for OCI) but looking to participate in a minority job fair in my first choice market that operates purely on preselects. Im hoping to get a few extra screeners and I want to avoid NYC so I really need to maximize bids given the relatively small class sizes in every other market. Question is... if a firm doesn't pre-select me is that an indication that I shouldn't bother bidding at OCI. The situation is complicated by the fact that just about every single firm at the fair does OCI at my school really soon after the job fair so they could feasibly have that as a rationale for not preselecting me at the fair.

Anyone have any experience with this situation?
Not necessarily. There were firms where I was rejected at a job fair but got preselected at OCI (we have a hybrid system). I think some firms allocate interview slots to students at schools where they don't do OCI, figuring that if they do OCI at your school, you'd have another chance.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”