regional/small office of a biglaw firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

regional/small office of a biglaw firm

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm

I had an interview at a somewhat smaller office of a biglaw firm. I was not exactly happy with the interview but one partner, who is a resident of that office (let's call him partner A) seemed to like me while the other, a non-resident, did not like me that much (partner B). I proceedd to the second stage of the interviews and i would need to meet with them separately, first with 'partner B' (because I go to school in the city where the main office is) and then with 'partner A" and partner C, also a resident at the regional office. I will meet with A and C regardless of how the meeting with B turns out.

partner B is a resident at the main office but he does not otherwise do the hiring. He does spend some time at the small office though.

is it true that when a small office of a biglaw firm hires new attorneys, people in the main office will make final decisions? I am so afraid that partner b does not like me enough.

de5igual

Silver

Re: regional/small office of a biglaw firm

Post by de5igual » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had an interview at a somewhat smaller office of a biglaw firm. I was not exactly happy with the interview but one partner, who is a resident of that office (let's call him partner A) seemed to like me while the other, a non-resident, did not like me that much (partner B). I proceedd to the second stage of the interviews and i would need to meet with them separately, first with 'partner B' (because I go to school in the city where the main office is) and then with 'partner A" and partner C, also a resident at the regional office. I will meet with A and C regardless of how the meeting with B turns out.

partner B is a resident at the main office but he does not otherwise do the hiring. He does spend some time at the small office though.

is it true that when a small office of a biglaw firm hires new attorneys, people in the main office will make final decisions? I am so afraid that partner b does not like me enough.
obviously depends on the firm, but the fact that this partner will be interviewing you means that his word/opinion will carry weight.

Anonymous User

Re: regional/small office of a biglaw firm

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:35 pm

:cry:

i kept telling myself that I will only carry myself better in person than on skype. actually, the speaker on my laptop did not work and we ended up talking over the phone.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”