OCI Resume Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nmcdgt

Bronze

OCI Resume Question

Post by nmcdgt » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

Bidding is starting to open up for early OCI and job fairs, and I was wondering what to do with my internship this summer for my resume. I have a quick 2-line description of my current internship on my resume (name of organization, title, May 2012-August 2012). Do I need to go ahead and put some description of the work I've done so far? I wasn't sure if I needed to expand upon it yet since I still have 6 weeks left of the internship, and I didn't want to give a half-assed list of the work I've done.

TL;DR - how do you guys recommend listing your current internship on your resume? complete with description of work youve done so far, or just title and dates until summer is over.

ilovesf

Diamond

Re: OCI Resume Question

Post by ilovesf » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 am

I have a description of the work I've done so far. Some people are a month or more into the internships, so you should have had some substantial work by now.

cinephile

Gold

Re: OCI Resume Question

Post by cinephile » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am

The person I spoke to at our career services told me that since this was my only legal work experience, it should be the most descriptive thing on my resume. So the job I held for two years I described in one line, and for my current position I dragged it out for 4 lines and I had only worked here 2 weeks when I was given that suggestion.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”