Raleigh v. Charlotte Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mrosmith

Bronze

Raleigh v. Charlotte

Post by mrosmith » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Moving with Fiance to North Carolina so she can go to CRNA school. T14 transfer, E-Board, Published, at median, great work experience. Are there jobs in Raleigh or Charlotte? I realize most people on this website don't consider a job that pays less than 160k a job, but I'd be happy with 80k+ to start. Thanks for the insight.

ran12

Silver

Re: Raleigh v. Charlotte

Post by ran12 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm

There are a bunch of good firms in the Research Triangle (Durham, Raleigh) and Charlotte. Check NALP for the biglaw firms and google for others. They pay 6 figures. Your main competition is gonna be UNC and prob Wake kids. Duke grads don't really stay in NC.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:57 pm

ran12 wrote:There are a bunch of good firms in the Research Triangle (Durham, Raleigh) and Charlotte. Check NALP for the biglaw firms and google for others. They pay 6 figures. Your main competition is gonna be UNC and prob Wake kids. Duke grads don't really stay in NC.
We have a few DLJ members with NC Summer SAs. Not a ton of Duke grads stay but I would say 10%+ do. And NC is not a large market so there are not a ton of SA positions to begin with.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:22 pm

I'll be honest - you will likely struggle. Ties are essential, and the firms here are very grade conscious. The markets are small to begin with, so they can take their pick out of Duke, UNC, and Wake top 10%'ers, though obviously Duke to a lesser extent.

Start networking as soon as you get here, maybe leveraging your UG and both LS's alumni bases.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”