WHERE TO BID!!!!??? CONSOLIDATED Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
keg411

Platinum

Re: WHERE TO BID!!!!??? CONSOLIDATED

Post by keg411 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:57 am

fish52 wrote:Not to belabor the point, but I think asking "do I have a chance?" is perfectly reasonable. If someone doesn't have a shot at a V10 then they need to know this before they waste a bid on Latham (lulz). When people reach too far, they not only waste one of their bids but they take an interview slot from other potentially more viable candidates.
I think even that depends where you go to school. If you go to a school outside of the T14 and where it's all pre-select, then just bid everything and mass mail everywhere. In that case, you don't have a chance unless you try.

As far as within the T14, sure it's a question to ask, but your time is far better spent trying to contact attorneys at the firm and try to meet with them for coffee, etc. prior to OCI. Some firms will reach down for people that show interest and some firms won't, but if you really really want a particular firm for a specific reason, go after that firm... and also similar firms that do similar work but may be less competitive grades-wise (use Chambers for this).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”