Boston or New York Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Boston or New York

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am

For massmailing Vault firms not coming to OCI. Headquartered in Boston, but large office in New York. Ties to New York=parent from there and many, many relatives and friends living there, spent parts of every year there. Ties to Boston=Attended undergrad there. Which office is better to pick as the first choice/most preferred market, Boston or New York, to increase chances of employment?

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Boston or New York

Post by rad lulz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 am

Depends somewhat on how selective each individual office is and how many SAs each office is taking.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks, makes sense. So, better to apply to only one office of each firm or apply to both but emphasize a preferred market (assuming same hiring contact)?

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks, makes sense. So, better to apply to only one office of each firm or apply to both but emphasize a preferred market (assuming same hiring contact)?
Generally, just one is the safest, but I'm sure someone here will tell you they mailed 2 offices and got an offer at 1 or something.

PMan99

Bronze

Post by PMan99 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 am

The big thing about R&G is that they supposedly allow their associates have somewhat of a life. I imagine that doesn't apply to their NY office. Go Boston.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 pm

PMan99 wrote:The big thing about R&G is that they supposedly allow their associates have somewhat of a life. I imagine that doesn't apply to their NY office. Go Boston.
buddy of mine is summering at the NY R&G office...says he gets in about 9 and leaves at 5:30 most days.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
PMan99 wrote:The big thing about R&G is that they supposedly allow their associates have somewhat of a life. I imagine that doesn't apply to their NY office. Go Boston.
buddy of mine is summering at the NY R&G office...says he gets in about 9 and leaves at 5:30 most days.
Summer associate =/= real life.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
SA schedule =/= associate schedule.

Edit: Lol, beat me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
SA schedule =/= associate schedule.

Edit: Lol, beat me
fair enough...just that his description of it is a far cry from the horror stories of late nights/all weekends summers from the other NYC firms in the Summer Associate Anxiety Thread

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”