Suit for WLRK interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Suit for WLRK interview

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Bronck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Bronck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:BB site seems to reflect a bigtime sale. Good to know about Nordstrom, though unfortunately not near a full store. I am near a Rack and was in the other day...was only looking for a Boss navy suit (was there for other reasons) so didn't conduct an exhaustive search, but there wasn't much in my size.
Nordstrom just had the semi-annual men's sale, but they're going to have their anniversary sale on the 20th of July, I believe.

BTW, Boss suits aren't really that great (unless it's listed as Hugo Boss Selection). Most of them, IIRC, are fused... you probably want to get half-canvassed at least (the BB 1818 collection is).
Good to know, thanks. Unfortunately July 20th is a little late to order and tailor a suit, considering I'll have to get it shipped. And interesting regarding the Boss, the Rack guy who sold it to me was big on it and it felt nice to me. Oh, well. I guess I'll look more into this BB sale.
I doubt people at the Rack really know much about suit quality, tbh. Might as well invest a little more now to get a better suit.
Probably true. Wish I had a full Nordstrom locally, but it also sounds like BB is a good option.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 am

You have got to be kidding me. Nobody at WLRK (or anywhere else) cares what suit you wear, unless it is so egregious as to actually be disrespectful (e.g. your fly won't close and your underwear sticks out). You are a student, not a baller. They don't expect you to dress like a partner.

I interviewed at WLRK and a bunch of other firms two years ago. Nobody cared what I wore. I don't even remember. Got rejected at exactly one firm in (did my WLRK callback but withdrew as I did not like it there at all.)

snailio

Bronze

Post by snailio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Nobody at WLRK (or anywhere else) cares what suit you wear, unless it is so egregious as to actually be disrespectful (e.g. your fly won't close and your underwear sticks out). You are a student, not a baller. They don't expect you to dress like a partner.

I interviewed at WLRK and a bunch of other firms two years ago. Nobody cared what I wore. I don't even remember. Got rejected at exactly one firm in (did my WLRK callback but withdrew as I did not like it there at all.)

This is pretty much the CR, nobody gives a flying double somersaulting rats ass, just don't try too hard, the gray is fine and forget the stripes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 am

snailio wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Nobody at WLRK (or anywhere else) cares what suit you wear, unless it is so egregious as to actually be disrespectful (e.g. your fly won't close and your underwear sticks out). You are a student, not a baller. They don't expect you to dress like a partner.

This is pretty much the CR, nobody gives a flying double somersaulting rats ass, just don't try too hard, the gray is fine and forget the stripes.
Thanks...is the grey not going to be too memorable to repeat should I get a CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
snailio wrote:

You'll have different interviewers, and in any case no, no one will remember what you wore two weeks ago in one of the twelve 15-minute interviews they did that day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

snailio

Bronze

Post by snailio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
snailio wrote:

No, you'll be interviewing with different people so it's not an issue and when you do see the OCI people at the office, they'll just remember back to when they didn't have multiple suits, if they notice at all. It's all good, try to relax and concentrate on your interviewing skills.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:32 pm

snailio wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
snailio wrote:

No, you'll be interviewing with different people so it's not an issue and when you do see the OCI people at the office, they'll just remember back to when they didn't have multiple suits, if they notice at all. It's all good, try to relax and concentrate on your interviewing skills.
Thanks. I'll probably still look into the BB sale.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 pm

for your WLRK personal statement, you should catalog your decision-making process regarding your interview suit. that way they'll know you can analyze tough issues.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

fatduck wrote:for your WLRK personal statement, you should catalog your decision-making process regarding your interview suit. that way they'll know you can analyze tough issues.
Thanks, this is good advice. Also: is there really a WLRK personal statement?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fatduck wrote:for your WLRK personal statement, you should catalog your decision-making process regarding your interview suit. that way they'll know you can analyze tough issues.
Thanks, this is good advice. Also: is there really a WLRK personal statement?
they required one when i applied last year, but i no longer see it mentioned on their Recruiting page. career services can probably give you a definitive answer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Post pictures of both suits.
Gray suit is similar to this:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/boss-black- ... tback=2595

Blue I can't find online ATM and picture-taking in my room doesn't remotely show what it looks like. But fits similarly, is Ben Sherman and dark blue (but blue blue, not navy)...it's got subtle alternating darker and lighter blue stripes each about a centimeter thick, that's the pattern.
Based on the picture of the gray suit and the description of the blue one, I'd go with the gray one. Alternating dark blue and light blue sounds casual (although I admit I'm not sure I'm picturing it correctly).

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm

dude dont buy a new suit. I bought too many suits. You never wear them as a lawyer if its business casual. I cant remember what I wore to work today- there is no way a busy partner will remember what you wore. A partner who had to be dragged into the interview in the first place.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”