LR on Resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LR on Resume

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:02 pm

I was invited to interview with a firm in 3 weeks and they want me to send in all my updated materials this week (resume, transcript, and writing sample). I finished high enough in my class so that I will grade-on to LR, but I haven't actually received the invite yet. In the past the invites have been sent out in early July (before my interview date).

Would it be OK to put LR on my resume even though I haven't been officially invited?

I don't want to be presumptuous, but I also know that LR will really make my resume look better. And if I got on I want to make sure this firm knows it.

omg clay aiken !

New

Re: LR on Resume

Post by omg clay aiken ! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:05 pm

No, because if someone calls to confirm it, the school won't be able to do so unless you're officially on

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Don't lie and say you are already on it. Just add (expected) or something and that seems like it would be fine. Then if they ask what that means you can explain.

Ozymandias

Bronze

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Absolutely not. Just bring an updated resume to the interview if you've heard from Law Review by then. In the meantime, your grades will speak for themselves.

And don't put something douchey like "Law Review - expected" on your resume.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:10 pm

1. Update your resume just before the interview. Make enough copies for each one of your interviewers.

2. As soon as you sit down with each one of your interviewers advise them that you have an updated resume for them that reflects your recent invitation to join LR.

3. This will serve as a great conversation starter for all of your interviews while allowing you to highlight an important achievement.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1. Update your resume just before the interview. Make enough copies for each one of your interviewers.

2. As soon as you sit down with each one of your interviewers advise them that you have an updated resume for them that reflects your recent invitation to join LR.

3. This will serve as a great conversation starter for all of your interviews while allowing you to highlight an important achievement.
TITCR. This is actually a great tactic. It lets you highlight your achievement in a context where it seems totally natural and not douchey. It's better than having it on there to begin with, IMHO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”