Writing Sample Review Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
david_niedrauer

New

Writing Sample Review

Post by david_niedrauer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I have it from a fairly unreliable source (fellow law students) that firms will use software to cite check writing samples. My school uses a preselect system in most of our job fairs/OCI's, so I think the writing sample is particularly important.

Is this accurate? If so, I am a little concerned because my Lexis for Microsoft Office Plugin keeps trying to correct my citations to pleadings, which I know are correct citations of ECF. Will the firms throw an application in the ding pile without checking to see if the supposed citation errors really are errors?

omg clay aiken !

New

Re: Writing Sample Review

Post by omg clay aiken ! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:04 pm

i really dont think this is something you need to be concerned about, but you could probably just remove the ECF cites to the record if you really want to (theyre pretty irrelevant to whoever reads it unless you attach a copy of the record)

david_niedrauer

New

Post by david_niedrauer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:22 pm

omg clay aiken ! wrote:i really dont think this is something you need to be concerned about, but you could probably just remove the ECF cites to the record if you really want to (theyre pretty irrelevant to whoever reads it unless you attach a copy of the record)
You mean just remove the entire "facts" section?

ben4847

Silver

Post by ben4847 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

I thought firms used the shredder to check them.

david_niedrauer

New

Post by david_niedrauer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 pm

ben4847 wrote:I thought firms used the shredder to check them.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”