Accessing NALP Directory Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
flcath

Silver

Accessing NALP Directory

Post by flcath » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 am

So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?

kwais

Gold

Re: Accessing NALP Directory

Post by kwais » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am

flcath wrote:So the NALP Directory format changed at some point over the past 6 months (haven't looked at it in awhile), and the format is much better, but A LOT of firms that used to be listed (including ones with 200+ attorneys) aren't anymore, which is irritating.

Is there anyway to access the NALP sheets for the firms that were recently removed? I mean, they were on the internet a few months ago; they've gotta still be out there somewhere, right?
I just had this same problem. It is very annoying. Some very large firms are missing. Looking forward to the answer on this one.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 am

Any good answers here? This is really kind of important (not to knock the bulk of TLS threads).

rayiner?

sambeber

Bronze

Post by sambeber » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

flcath wrote:This is really kind of important

Sup Kid

Silver

Post by Sup Kid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 pm

It's not an ideal situation, but many firms put their NALP sheets on their websites under the "Career" tabs. My guess would be that even if they didn't update them for the new NALP site, their old ones still may be available that way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm

They probably haven't gotten all the data back up. What markets you looking at?

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm

i assumed that they launched the new site at the same time this year's nalp forms were due. When I first looked at the new site, many texas firms weren't up yet. Now many more are up. My guess is that they didn't bother putting last year's forms on the new site and are just loading firms in the order in which they respond to the nalp questions.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm

I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 pm

flcath wrote:I will bump this until we get an answer of some kind.

With all the (again, no offense to posters) utter shit that's posted on TLS, this question merits an answer.
Have you emailed NALP to ask them?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm

bk187 wrote:

Yeah but they haven't gotten back to me. (It's the weekend.)

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.

badaboom61

Bronze

Post by badaboom61 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Didn't they put out a print directory from last year? You could probably use that to at least find firm names and get updated info from their websites.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 pm

flcath wrote:
bk187 wrote:

I'm not an internet expert, but it strikes me as insane that this stuff isn't accessible somewhere.
Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.

badaboom61

Bronze

Post by badaboom61 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm

bk187 wrote:
flcath wrote:
bk187 wrote:

Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine though I think you'd need the actual url of the firm form you want.

ETA: Print directory is also genius. I think my school's library had a copy.
Martindale also contains pretty much also the NALP firms, and then some. It's just a lot more work.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm

As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 pm

flcath wrote:As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

As to the printed NALP directory, is anyone aware of a .pdf file somewhere online?
You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this --LinkRemoved-- Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
flcath wrote:As to the Martindale idea, they don't seem to have all the info that NALP did. Namely, they don't seem to have salaries listed. Or offer rates. (The important shit.)

You can google "x-firm 2011 nalp form." Firms seem to post their forms on their website each year. Something like this --LinkRemoved-- Locke lord hasn't posted their new nalp form yet, so this is the type of form I assume you're looking for.
Yeah, couldn't get it this way, but I know FOR A FACT that they had a sheet on the old website. They also told me in-person what the pay is, but, being a shithead moron who forgets what the end goal of employment is, I promptly forgot it by the end of the interview.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”