Graduated from Michigan, 3.5 GPA, top 33%, California Bar Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Graduated from Michigan, 3.5 GPA, top 33%, California Bar

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:39 pm

So I just graduated from Michigan and taking CA bar. I am somewhere in between top 1/3 and 1/4. No journal and no great ECs to speak of. I have a big law job lined up in Los Angeles but now I want to move to the Bay Area (and preferably upgrade b/c it's a shitty firm, I only got one offer during OCI). I got regional ties, not too worried about that. Assuming I pass the bar, how do i go about looking for a big law job in the bay area? Is mass mailing my only option? Should I wait till after passing the bar or should I start now? I've already interviewed and failed at most of the larger firms in California at OCI. Is reapplying to those firms a waste?

Tree

New

Re: Graduated from Michigan, 3.5 GPA, top 33%, California Bar

Post by Tree » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Nonsense. You should wait it out for a year. Head Hunters will be calling.

dood

Gold

Re: Graduated from Michigan, 3.5 GPA, top 33%, California Bar

Post by dood » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Tree wrote:Nonsense. You should wait it out for a year. Head Hunters will be calling.
i agree with this. i think u'd be wasting ur time mailing now and even after passing bar. not to say its impossible - but your chances of laterally up would be infinitely better with 1 year of experience at a big law firm.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”