Overseas Externships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Overseas Externships

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Anyone ever go on one? Where to and did you apply? Was it worth it? Would you recommend it to others?

iShotFirst

Bronze

Re: Overseas Externships

Post by iShotFirst » Fri May 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Went to a corporate law firm in India (1L Summer). It was okay, and I got a bit of money and went on some nice trips, but I dont know if I would do it again. I just feel I would have been better suited staying at home and getting more networking contacts and experiencing more of the US lawyer experience.

However, I've travelled and lived abroad a ton, the guy I went with felt it was the best thing he ever did because he hadn't left the country before. So there is that consideration. And everyone always says that as long as you do something, anything legal your first summer its okay. Interviewers have been interested in it as travel/work in another country, but not too impressed by it as they presumably would with a good internship in the US.

Anonymous User

Re: Overseas Externships

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Do you have a link for the place you went so I could check it out?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”