Working with staff as SA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
echamberlin8

Bronze

Re: Working with staff as SA

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:59 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:I assume we are talking about the billing rate that the client pays. I am a project assistant, the lowest of the low in terms of paralegals. Our standard billing rate is $195, and our "specialized rate" is $210.

This seems excessive for paralegals.
I just looked up a senior paralegal here's standard billing rate: $325.

Interesting. Is this different than most BigLaw firms? I work in DC, by the way.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri May 25, 2012 6:10 pm

echamberlin8 wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:I assume we are talking about the billing rate that the client pays. I am a project assistant, the lowest of the low in terms of paralegals. Our standard billing rate is $195, and our "specialized rate" is $210.

Interesting. Is this different than most BigLaw firms? I work in DC, by the way.
First year associates are not being billed out at that rate. I don't know what the deal is.

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

First year associates are not being billed out at that rate. I don't know what the deal is.
Just looked at a first-year associate's standard billing rate here: $395.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
echamberlin8 wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

I'm at a NYC V10 for the summer. Got a glimpse of a billing statement to a client. $350/hr for the paralegal and $1300/hr for the partner working on the deal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Looking at billing rates is fun! My rate is almost 200 but I doubt much if any of ny time will actually get billed. First years are around 350.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm at a NYC V10 for the summer. Got a glimpse of a billing statement to a client. $350/hr for the paralegal and $1300/hr for the partner working on the deal.
Yep, that is approximately what we bill here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”