State clerkship, then a federal one? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vegeta

New

State clerkship, then a federal one?

Post by vegeta » Sat May 12, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has either done this or might have some insight into the process. I was thinking of clerking for a state court of appeals judge and then applying/clerking for a federal district judge. All my applications currently are for federal district court judges, but the idea of clerking for a state judge started to interest me, too. Thoughts on this? Is that possible? I tried searching the internet through a quick google search but didn't see anyone talking about it.

I'd love to clerk for a federal judge, but my grades are about top 25-30%, and I know it'll be tough. So I was thinking of going that state court to federal court route. Any other advice that you think would be helpful I would appreciate, too! Thanks.

Danteshek

Gold

Re: State clerkship, then a federal one?

Post by Danteshek » Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 am

vegeta wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has either done this or might have some insight into the process. I was thinking of clerking for a state court of appeals judge and then applying/clerking for a federal district judge. All my applications currently are for federal district court judges, but the idea of clerking for a state judge started to interest me, too. Thoughts on this? Is that possible? I tried searching the internet through a quick google search but didn't see anyone talking about it.

I'd love to clerk for a federal judge, but my grades are about top 25-30%, and I know it'll be tough. So I was thinking of going that state court to federal court route. Any other advice that you think would be helpful I would appreciate, too! Thanks.
Nice try

vegeta

New

Re: State clerkship, then a federal one?

Post by vegeta » Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 am

Danteshek wrote: Nice try
Thanks?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”