Post Finals Oral Surgery and Biglaw Drug Test Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post Finals Oral Surgery and Biglaw Drug Test

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Looking for a little advice. I had some oral surgery after finals and I'm currently on some low grade prescription pain killers. I'm starting work soon and while I'm not going to take them while at work but I'm wondering a) if the V10 drug test and b) how to best handle the fact that I'll surely test positive for the painkillers. I don't use any other drugs or even drink so I don't need the "stop taking drugs" advice I frequently see here. Should I bring my prescription into work with me in case they test? I don't want to call and ask if they drug test (what a huge red flag). How do I handle this?

Birdnals

Gold

Re: Post Finals Oral Surgery and Biglaw Drug Test

Post by Birdnals » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

This is a non-issue. If they drug test, they will ask if you are on any medication/have been in the past_____ days. You say yes, and give them your dr.’s name. They confirm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Looking for a little advice. I had some oral surgery after finals and I'm currently on some low grade prescription pain killers. I'm starting work soon and while I'm not going to take them while at work but I'm wondering a) if the V10 drug test and b) how to best handle the fact that I'll surely test positive for the painkillers. I don't use any other drugs or even drink so I don't need the "stop taking drugs" advice I frequently see here. Should I bring my prescription into work with me in case they test? I don't want to call and ask if they drug test (what a huge red flag). How do I handle this?
I'm pretty sure any drug test will require you to fill out a questionnaire beforehand listing what prescription meds you're on. If they really wanted to check, I'm sure they would ask you for permission and then call your doctor to confirm.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes, you don't fail drug tests for medicine you have a prescription for. wtf.

Edit: advice does not apply if you play professional sports.

Detrox

Bronze

Post by Detrox » Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm

ITT: Someone tries to ask if V10's drug test by coming up with an excuse that it's about prescribed pills. Fails to realize that an exception applies...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

edit: what everyone else ITT has said.

'Tis the season for nervous pre-SA threads.

Advice for upcoming SAs: RELAX!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

They don't test. Toke up brah.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”