reneging judicial externship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

reneging judicial externship

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 am

I understand the rule is you can't renege a position from a judge. However, if you have very recently accepted a position, why can you not renege? Is there an effect it can have on your career? I know its poor etiquette, and rude, but in this legal market if a well paying job comes around, doesn't it seem dumb to pass on it. Wouldn't a judge understand something like that? Also it should take a matter of a couple days for them to find a new intern.

lawschoolftw

Bronze

Re: reneging judicial externship

Post by lawschoolftw » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 am

I actually don't think it's a big deal if youre 1) reneging for a paid job over unpaid AND 2) you didn't continue seeking employment after you accepted. Also I think most judges would understand and in a case like this Honesty is the Best Policy. That being said, everyone has their own view of right and wrong and I doubt there will ever be a consensus on this.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”