Dupont & Delaware Minority Job Fairs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dupont & Delaware Minority Job Fairs

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 am

Which firms are coming to the Delaware Minority Job Fair and DuPont Legal Minority Job Fairs? Which firms at them are recruiting 3Ls? Neither of these fairs has a detailed website or a list of firms actually reviewing the resumes. There is no bidding or student selection until they are offered interviews.

Anonymous User

Re: Dupont & Delaware Minority Job Fairs

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Which firms are coming to the Delaware Minority Job Fair and DuPont Legal Minority Job Fairs? Which firms at them are recruiting 3Ls? Neither of these fairs has a detailed website or a list of firms actually reviewing the resumes. There is no bidding or student selection until they are offered interviews.
IMHO, DuPont is a waste of time. Firms that provide legal services to DuPont are required to participate in the job fair, even if they don't hire SA's or first-year associates. I would not attend DuPont unless your particular DuPont location is in your hometown and you don't incur travel costs to attend DuPont.

Last year, my experience was:

One callback out of five screening interviews at DuPont.

Four callbacks out of eight screening interviews at a regional diversity fair (similar to Delaware).

Fifteen callbacks out of twenty-two screening interviews at OCI.

The firms at the job fair are "Primary Law Firms" for DuPont. Learn more about Primary Law Firms on the DuPont website:

http://www.dupontlegalmodel.com/plf-list/

Add: I just noticed you are a 3L. In that case, you should probably take every screening interview you can get, even if the odds of converting it are low.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

I knew about the DuPont PLF thing, but I didn't know they required the firms to attend. I thought it was more "we'll give you a way to recruit and we get free pr." How does it work with international firms like Eversheds and Phillips. Do they even come to this given they don't do OCI? Is there any tabletalk/suite stuff at either event?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I knew about the DuPont PLF thing, but I didn't know they required the firms to attend. I thought it was more "we'll give you a way to recruit and we get free pr." How does it work with international firms like Eversheds and Phillips. Do they even come to this given they don't do OCI? Is there any tabletalk/suite stuff at either event?
It kind of sucks for the firms too because they have to spend a Saturday at this thing. One partner made it fairly clear early on in my interview that his firm doesn't hire SA's or new grads so the guy spent thirty minutes giving me advice on how to handle other interviews and OCI.

DuPont breaks the fair down into a handful of regions and some firms have to travel a long distance to get to the fair (like Birmingham to Houston). *I believe* DuPont rotates the host law firm in any particular city on any given year. The recruiter for the host firm then coordinates "bidding" and screening interviews.

Bidding consists of filling out a form detailing the geographic regions you are interested in practicing in. The recruiter will then circulate your resume to all PLF's from that region and they'll let the recruiter know if they are interested in interviewing you. The recruiter then puts together your screening interview schedule for all firms.

With the exception of a nice lunch, there was not any tabletalk/suite stuff at my region. Most firms only sent one or two attorneys, and I didn't see any recruiting staff with the exception of the host firm. Additionally, I was under the impression that the attorneys who attended typically were not on the hiring committee for their respective firm. It seemed to me that the attorneys who attend DuPont are attorneys who actually work on DuPont matters at their respective firms. If I had to guess, these attorneys don't care as much about the recruitment process as the types of attorneys you'll see at OCI and the regional diversity fairs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which firms are coming to the Delaware Minority Job Fair and DuPont Legal Minority Job Fairs? Which firms at them are recruiting 3Ls? Neither of these fairs has a detailed website or a list of firms actually reviewing the resumes. There is no bidding or student selection until they are offered interviews.
IMHO, DuPont is a waste of time. Firms that provide legal services to DuPont are required to participate in the job fair, even if they don't hire SA's or first-year associates. I would not attend DuPont unless your particular DuPont location is in your hometown and you don't incur travel costs to attend DuPont.

Last year, my experience was:

One callback out of five screening interviews at DuPont.

Four callbacks out of eight screening interviews at a regional diversity fair (similar to Delaware).

Fifteen callbacks out of twenty-two screening interviews at OCI.

The firms at the job fair are "Primary Law Firms" for DuPont. Learn more about Primary Law Firms on the DuPont website:

http://www.dupontlegalmodel.com/plf-list/

Add: I just noticed you are a 3L. In that case, you should probably take every screening interview you can get, even if the odds of converting it are low.
My experience was similar. The only firm that did not give me a callback during recruiting season was a firm at Dupont and I got the sense they weren't seriously recruiting there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 am

Bumpity -- 3L here. Does anyone know if these firms will even interview 3Ls? I'm planning on going to the Houston fair.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”