75th percentile at GWU Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: 75th percentile at GWU

Post by LawIdiot86 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am

DrGuano wrote:Fordham, though a little far behind in the "rankings," but likely somewhat similarly if not better situated then GW, usually places Top 25% in Big Law with very few outliers. Beyond that is slim pickings but all that I know in the Top 25% got big law at 2L OCI.
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1 disagrees. If only 19.5% got biglaw and some of those were surely outside the Top 25% (regional ties, AA, etc), than some people in the top 25% didn't get it.

GW_Law_Student

New

Re: 75th percentile at GWU

Post by GW_Law_Student » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 am

LawIdiot86 wrote:
DrGuano wrote:Fordham, though a little far behind in the "rankings," but likely somewhat similarly if not better situated then GW, usually places Top 25% in Big Law with very few outliers. Beyond that is slim pickings but all that I know in the Top 25% got big law at 2L OCI.
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1 disagrees. If only 19.5% got biglaw and some of those were surely outside the Top 25% (regional ties, AA, etc), than some people in the top 25% didn't get it.
I agree, but let's not forget that ~3-5% of the class get federal clerkships.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”