Legal Temp Agencies Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LOL Skool

New

Legal Temp Agencies

Post by LOL Skool » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Does anyone have any anecdotes (good and bad) about legal temp agencies? My inclination is that it is a good way to work myself to an early grave for peanuts, but my brother and best friend both recently moved to NYC and indicated that I could crash on their couches until I found a job in the city. I've heard of a few temp agencies in New York, such as Bon Temps, and I can only imagine how awful one would be treated and how low the pay might be, but I really don't know anything about them. Does anyone have any experience with these sort of programs and/or any advice? Thanks!

paratactical

Platinum

Re: Legal Temp Agencies

Post by paratactical » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Is this pre- or post- law school?

LOL Skool

New

Post by LOL Skool » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Sorry, should have been more clear on that. I meant this in the context of post law school and after passing the NY bar.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:36 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=157855

easily the greatest thread ever on temp agencies. hell, maybe the greatest thread period. every post from areyouinsane is gold.

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm

traehekat wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=157855

easily the greatest thread ever on temp agencies. hell, maybe the greatest thread period. every post from areyouinsane is gold.
That's easily the best thread I've read on TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am

Reading those posts make me thank my lucky stars that my state does not seem to have that sort of terrible, terrible document review available. Those threads made me cringe.

I'm not saying document review doesn't exist here, but...that...yeah. Yikes.

LOL Skool

New

Post by LOL Skool » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

traehekat wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=157855

Hahaha, that is excellent. I figured it would be pretty awful finding work in the city if you're not a top law school grad or have connections, but that's even worse than I was expecting - I think I'll stick to my local network in the mid-west.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”