Judge Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hallet

New

Judge Offers

Post by hallet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I have a high possibility of getting a federal judicial externship as a 1L this summer (from recent networking with family), but probably won't see results, interviews, for another week. I have an interview scheduled for next week with a state court judge. If that interview goes well, and I end up getting a position with the state court judge, can I reject the offer if I get a position with a Federal court judge? Also, if I want to work big law, what would look better, state court criminal judge or federal bankruptcy?

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Judge Offers

Post by rad lulz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: Judge Offers

Post by LawIdiot86 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

rad lulz wrote:
hallet wrote:I have a high possibility of getting a federal judicial externship as a 1L this summer (from recent networking with family), but probably won't see results, interviews, for another week. I have an interview scheduled for next week with a state court judge. If that interview goes well, and I end up getting a position with the state court judge, can I reject the offer if I get a position with a Federal court judge? Also, if I want to work big law, what would look better, state court criminal judge or federal bankruptcy?
Both will look the same
+1 Your grades, law review and school's rank will be 90% determinative to your biglaw odds. Your personality and geography will be around 9% and stuff like this and student clubs will be 1%.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”