Etiquette for waiting on an Offer/Ding Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Etiquette for waiting on an Offer/Ding

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Had a call-back a couple weeks ago for a firm. One of the partners on the hiring committee at my top-pick firm for the summer tried to give me a call this past week (Tuesday), but both calls didn't go through for some reason. Recruiting & Dev emailed me saying that they wanted to make sure my number was correct, which it was. I replied by email that day. I later called their office Thursday afternoon to confirm with them that the number I gave them was correct and mentioned I have a deadline for another offer this coming Tuesday. Recruiting said that the partner who had called had been out of the office the last two days and said that she'd forward him my message for when he gets back.

I figure my options at this point are (1) I can call the Recruiting office tomorrow to follow up (I doubt they'll know what's going on), (2) call the partner directly (Is this in bad form?), (3) show up at their office tomorrow and try to talk to the partner in person, or (4) sit on my hands and wait patiently--whilst slowly going insane.

This is my top-pick firm, and I've been getting really nervous that they haven't called back. If I have to, I'll call the firm I have an offer from and ask for an extension, but I'd like to avoid it if possible. Any advice/thoughts?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Etiquette for waiting on an Offer/Ding

Post by kalvano » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm

The partner called you directly? Call him back directly.

"Hi, this is so-and-so. I missed your call last week, and tried to return it but was informed you were out of the office. I'm glad we finally connected, what did you want to talk with me about?"

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 pm

kalvano wrote:The partner called you directly? Call him back directly.

"Hi, this is so-and-so. I missed your call last week, and tried to return it but was informed you were out of the office. I'm glad we finally connected, what did you want to talk with me about?"
Basically this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:41 pm

kalvano wrote:The partner called you directly? Call him back directly.

Yeah, this makes the most sense. I was just thrown off by the fact that I never actually got a missed call from him, and I only learned that he had tried through the Recruiting office's email (I immediately called my provider and asked WTF).

I guess I was just being a little paranoid. Thanks for the advice. I'll do this tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”