2L, NYC TT, top 12%, no oci - needs help. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L, NYC TT, top 12%, no oci - needs help.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:02 pm

I was top 15% after 1L, struck out at OCI (had a few callbacks). I am now top 12% after Fall (3.85 GPA in fall)... i have nothing for summer, and i dont know what i should do to help line up something for after graduation. :( no idea what to do besides stupid symplicity postings. already applied to like 200+ firms.

people told me to reapply with updated rankings, but its February, no big firm is hiring.

i am so lost on what i should do, and what would best line me up with a position post graduation or best shot at 3LOLci.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: 2L, NYC TT, top 12%, no oci - needs help.

Post by LawIdiot86 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was top 15% after 1L, struck out at OCI (had a few callbacks). I am now top 12% after Fall (3.85 GPA in fall)... i have nothing for summer, and i dont know what i should do to help line up something for after graduation. :( no idea what to do besides stupid symplicity postings. already applied to like 200+ firms.

people told me to reapply with updated rankings, but its February, no big firm is hiring.

i am so lost on what i should do, and what would best line me up with a position post graduation or best shot at 3LOLci.
You haven't been applying to the dozens of unpaid government 2L internships? What about going to OCS and actually meeting with a counselor? Or maybe networking with some of the thousands of lawyers and dozens of bar groups in the city?

Cupidity

Gold

Re: 2L, NYC TT, top 12%, no oci - needs help.

Post by Cupidity » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

I had a lot of luck last month targeting small/mid-sized niche firms, led to a couple interviews and a job that pays $800/wk and potentially post-grad employment at a reasonable salary. Do you have any marketable concentrations?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”